My betta may have fin rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gebruikersnaam

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,

I got a Betta since Saturday. And everything was going while until his tail appeared damage. Plants and other fish are doing fine. I got 5 bettas vrouwtjes en 2 algae eater. I test the water and everything is fine. The filter I had was a cheap thing I got with the aquarium. And the flow was just to high and he often "fell" because of it. Since Tuesday I have a new filter. This is one is great and got great reviews.

I have add a so called Cattapa leaf to the aquarium. Thinking of adding salt, should I? or meds.

But what know?

English is not my first language.So sorry for misspellings.

Lighting + moving fish=
fldjq1.png

14lkfgy.png

mbsggy.png

2j3166q.png
k1fbi8.png

Don`t really see white circels but I am not that good in spotting this. But I do know for a fact that the male does not have white spot on his tail or anywhere else. So it must be the tank

Ok yeah it looked like it was on the tank. Try the salt. What you want is for it to stop and hopefully heal over time. The fins don't always heal but as long a they don't get worse :)

If salt doesn't work, I hope someone else chimes in :)

Never use salt more than 10 days in a row as this can cause organ damage. If you want to use it again wait at least 10-12 days before doing it again.

Did you say you got 5 Bettas ? Are they all in the same tank ? If you do have 5 Bettas and they are all male, they will fight with each other, and can do much damage to each other. Even females will fight, though not so much as males.

The catappa leaf can be useful because it adds tannins and some antibacterial agents to the water. They're very safe, you can put in a new one every couple of weeks, and remove the remains of the old ones when they are mostly just skeletons. I use them all the time for my Betta fish, who have all had fin rot, before I adopted them. They are slowly regrowing their fins.

Back
Top Bottom