My BGK just died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alral1988

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys just looking for a little input. I've got a 55 gallon tank with some dwarf gouramis, clown loaches, raphael catfish, Bolivian rams, and a black ghost knife. I know I'll get some comments about needing a bigger tank but don't worry all the fish besides the BGK are at or under 2" and I'm acquiring all my items over the next month to upgrade my tank size (it's a bit of a process). But here's my dilemma:

I've had my BGK for around a month now and (s)he always seemed healthy. Most of the time it was hiding under my driftwood, coming out to eat and when I went to moonlighting at night. The past couple days it's been out A LOT more and I was hoping it was just getting used to the tank and becoming more adventurous. I was out of town for a work meeting today and I came home to find my fish dead at the bottom. All of my other fish are perfectly healthy ( or so it seems) and right away I checked my water parameters and it's perfect ( temp, ph, nitrates, etc). As far as I can tell there's no signs of disease on the fish at all and I know it was eating. I spend quite a bit of time admiring my fish on a daily basis and never saw the least bit of aggression towards this fish. Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas as to what may have killed this fish. I want to get another once I finish my tank upgrade but I'm just worried that it may incur this seemingly spontaneous death.

Back
Top Bottom