My blue gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xr3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Currently I have a blue gourami that is sitting in a 40g tank and he has been staying at the top of the tank breathing for an hour or two now. I did a water change and started to notice it I'm not sure if this means much but I don't want to lose him.. he's still eating his poop looks fine and the water is at 78f degrees..

Did you check your parameters?
You didn't forgret dechlorinator correct?

Do you have an api master kit? Id check parameters if you think there is an issue. Gourami obviously go to surface. But if hes hanging out there could be ammonia could be alot different things. The fact that its in conjunction with a wc. Could be temp of new water, ammonia, tds, no telling. A fts may help.

Do you have an api master kit? Id check parameters if you think there is an issue. Gourami obviously go to surface. But if hes hanging out there could be ammonia could be alot different things. The fact that its in conjunction with a wc. Could be temp of new water, ammonia, tds, no telling. A fts may help.

Ammonia is at .75 roughly water never changed temps and I was using a master kit

Well that is enough to cause issue. Id do a wc and dose prime and re test in the morning. Is your bioload heavy?
Does your tap contain ammonia?

Well that is enough to cause issue. Id do a wc and dose prime and re test in the morning. Is your bioload heavy?

Two weeks ago I swapped gravel (he was in tank) I have no other tank to move him to so possibly there's only a small pleco in there besides him. And only three hours ago I did a 50% water change is it okay to do another?

Yes you can do another. I edited my post. Do you have ammonia in your tap? Swapping gravel can obviously stir things up and even cause a mini cycle. Id test daily for few days. Should level out. Can also use prime in between to help keep it down if it's .5 or less.

Back
Top Bottom