Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-31-2003, 08:26 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to hisc1ay Send a message via Yahoo to hisc1ay
my danio's gone, but he looked wierd before I iced him.

I knew he was in trouble, but I figured it was cuz he was old...this was odd.

About a month ago I noticed he only had half a fin, and I attributed it to his tank mate, Boris the Betta. So I moved him into my 29 to cycle it. Gradually, his spine got more and more bent, and I figured it was because of the way he had to adjust his tail in order to swim with half a tail. I assumed it would get better as his tail healed. I noticed he kept getting worse, but I didn't think it would matter.

Today I came home and he was really limping hard. He has been swimming normal all the time, even today. But I saw something white on his side. Upon closer examination, I would promise it was a bone sticking out. It looked like his skin had opened and the bone was protruding, and his tail was angled the opposite way from the side of the protrusion. I decided this was the last straw and I couldn't let him continue like this. I placed him in cold water and that in the fridge.

Time of death: 6:29pm

-j

Tags
danio

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com