My Dwarf Chillid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikeyy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have got two tanks set up at home and recently in my second tank i decided to get a dwarf chillid its a fire red. Got him home on Saturday everything has been fine but today it looks to me as if he has popeye on his left eye it cloudy and bluging?!?!? Checked the water conditions and they are fine all the other fish in the tank which isnt much are ok just a upside down cat fish and tetras. Any idea the cause and what should i do?

Mikeyy

The water is not fine if the fish's eye is bulging from its head. What are the parameters? Size? Age? Ph? Tank mates?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Fish often become susceptible to problems when they are stressed. It may be the stress of being introduced to new conditions, paired with 'possibly not as clean as you think water', may of triggered this

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I cant get a pic of him at the moment because hes hiding but when i do i will post. Its an 125l tank and when i tested the water ammonia level was 0, nitrite 0. Ph is at 7.2. The only other tank mates he has is as what i said before a catfish and neon tetras.

Mikeyy

Ive done a 30% water change and added some aquarium salts tonight so will see if there is an improvement the next couple of days. This could well have been an underlying issue before I got him?

Mikeyy

What are the nitrates at and how long has it been running. Pop eye is almost always water quality related, more so rapid ph fluctuations.. test your gh/kh? How often you use salt?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nitrite is at 0 and the tank has been running for just over 2 months now. Did tests for them too. Gh 250 and kh sitting at about 50. As far as i know that ok but you may be able to advise me better. Not bery often once out of every 4 water changes. Think am maybe using too much?

Mikeyy

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441777158.219285.jpg
Managed to get his good side!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441777308.856185.jpg
And the not so good side. Apologies for the quality of the photo they aren't easy to get.

Mikeyy

Swelling has came down a good bit not looking so bad now. Any other action I can take to improve this? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1441827097.249449.jpg

Mikeyy

Back
Top Bottom