my fis have ich whitespot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

times10

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank has ich i want to use medication is it safe to use the medication on live plants please advise the best way to get rid of ich with live plants thanks

Salt or meds are going to affect some plants, even at half doses....You can up the temp as close to 90*F as you dare and hope the ick organisms die before your fish do.....I haven't had ick in over 20 years so I am not up to date with any current meds that might work for you.

Ich-Attack by Kordon works well and will not effect plants or your nitogen cycle.
Make sure to remove any carbon in your filter prior to using any meds.

has anybody else have any success of using ich medication while having live plants in the aquarium. i am thinking f using nox ich?

Moved to unhealthy fish.

I do not use meds with live plants for ich. The heat method works without salt just fine. Many medications claim they do not affect the bacterial cycle but I find for most that is simply an untrue claim.

Moved to unhealthy fish.

I do not use meds with live plants for ich. The heat method works without salt just fine. Many medications claim they do not affect the bacterial cycle but I find for most that is simply an untrue claim.
In the case of Ich-Attack I am talking from personal experience, not what the manufacturer claims so take it for what its worth.

My preference is to only use medication where absolutely necessary. In the case of ich, heat treatment works without any risk of medication.

I do not doubt your success with Ich-Attack at all. Simply providing a non medicated solution that is guaranteed not to affect the bacterial cycle.

times10. I am far from an expert. Believe me but I am currently using the heat method to clear up a slight Ich I caught quickly. It seems to be working great. I am a naturalist and do not like to add any chemicals to my tank.

I have 13 live plants, all pretty new and they are dealing fine. My fish donot seem to mind the 90deg water at all. Like I was told (Zagz actually) and read everywhere: Warmer waters retain less disolved Oxygen so lower your water level if you are using a HOB or get an airstone.

Again I AM NO expert. But I just though I would share my experience to add some confidence to your dilema. Heat works well.

Back
Top Bottom