My fish have ick. What should I do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

illuminum

Aquarium Advice Freak
The dwarf Gourami's I bought from Petco had ick so I returned them to the store and got a refund, BUT they infected my tank and two my rainbow tetras have ick on them... What should I do?

There are a number of recommended treatments; what type of fish are in the tank will most likely direct your course of treatment. I strongly recommend reading this site: http://www.caloriesperhour.com/fish/notes_ich.html as it not only explains the stages of the ich cycle (which is important to know), but gives a really clear explanation of the different ways you can battle ich.

i read ich ( ick) cant live past 80 degrees.. if you have tropical fish and they are close to 80 allready you might want to try raising it to 81 befor using medications and then having to get the medication out of the water later... just make sure your amonia is less than 0.25 PPM before putting the temp that high :)

I bought Rid Ich from Petco and have put one dose in already today. I took out the carbon filter of my eclipse tank before since thats what it told me to do. I didnt know if I shoulda touched the biowheel so I just left it in the tank. My fish still have ich on them (it's onl been about 8 hours since I put in the medicine. Boy ick spready fast in warm tanks. I'll keep you updated on my tank and let you know what happened.

BTW, my fish are rainbow tetras. I'll let you know if they end up okay.

Back
Top Bottom