my fish is laying in the rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josie sell

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Help!
I found my fish (he is a leopard guppy) laying in the rocks he's breathing and moving his front fins a little bit.
my other fish (gold fish) might have attacked it but i don't know
there both in a one gallon tank

Your fishes need space more than a gallon tank. Or they’ll get sick of the tank or of each other.

Read that guide. https://www.thesprucepets.com/amount-of-fish-and-aquarium-size-1378335

That tank is WAY to small for either of those fish. Rehome the goldfish and put the guppy in a 10gal. Then you can put a few more guppies in there and they will be healthy and happy.

A single goldfish needs a 30gal to be happy. Your fish are poisoning themselves in such a small tank. While you are at it, buy a liquid test kit to measure the parameters of your tank. Such as Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, and PH.

Research what the ammonia cycle is and how to cycle a tank. Until you get a new tank to put the fish in do water changes daily 30-50%. You are killing your fish, both fish in there are peaceful and are unlikely to attack one another.

Unlikely unless there are toxic conditions.

Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

Chances are it is an uncycled tank and there are unsafe water conditions for the fish.

Do some water changes, being a 1 gallon it should be quick, 2 - 50% water changes with water dechlorinator. Then check the quality of the water if you can. Otherwise another 50% pwc morning and / 50 % pwc evening about a half hour after feeding.

You should get a filter if you do not have one and a larger tank as mentioned.

This article from our article section has some links of other ones you may find really helpful.
Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

This is relative to regular goldfish as well as fancy ones
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...uire-big-tanks-visual-perspective-265871.html

Back
Top Bottom