my fishes are starting I don't know why help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharkfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my fishes are starting to die I don't know why help

I have a freshwater fish tank I had 6 in total 3 died yesterday they were 2 columbain shark 3 -2 inches and one lyretail guppy 1 1/2 inches. The one that are alive are flame dwarf gourami 2 inches and a gold gourami 1 1/2 inches and a pleco-common 3 1/2 there going over stress I don't know why. I got a oxygen pump yesterday . I need help. Each one are on each corner . My pleco is on top of the water on the glass but he's not that active no more like he use to be.

I have a freshwater fish tank I had 6 in total 3 died yesterday they were 2 columbain shark 3 -2 inches and one lyretail guppy 1 1/2 inches. The one that are alive are flame dwarf gourami 2 inches and a gold gourami 1 1/2 inches and a pleco-common 3 1/2 there going over stress I don't know why. I got a oxygen pump yesterday . I need help. Each one are on each corner . My pleco is on top of the water on the glass but he's not that active no more like he use to be.

I would do a large partial water change with Prime conditioner.

Test your water.

What size tank ? A 10g ?
How long has it been up ?
Maintenance schedule ?

Columbian Sharks get huge and go into salt water btw as they grow. Not a good aquarium fish.

You need to return or rehome the Pleco. They get 12"+ and poop way too much for small tanks.

Research fish before you buy. 2 Gouramis will usually fight in small tanks and Gold Gouramis get too large for a 10g also.

If you save them. The guppy and dwarf Gourami can stay. No new fish till your tank is stable. No more monster fish.

I'm thinking too many fish added too fast to a new uncycled tank ? Or the wrong fish.

Your tank is overstocked and poorly stocked.

Save the fish, learn and go forward with better choices. Don't depend on fish store to choose for you.

Look at Fish In Cycling

I was trying to get small ones too watch them grow and raise them and then get a bigger tank on the futrue I got my tank 6 days ago ..how can I test my water. I do have a Prime conditioner I put ten drops on it

I was trying to get small ones too watch them grow and raise them and then get a bigger tank on the futrue I got my tank 6 days ago ..how can I test my water. I do have a Prime conditioner I put ten drops on it

Too many fish too fast and wrong types for a small tank.

Large fish even as babies need room to swim and room to grow.

Return fish. Keep maybe 2 Guppies or a Platy. TEST YOUR WATER ! Very important.

For now take at least half the water out and replace with clean, same temperature water, with Prime.

Prime is 2 DROPS PER GALLON !!! At least.
You underdosed the Prime. A 10g takes 20 drops. Not your fault, we all make mistakes.

If you can't buy a test kit like this one
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000255NCI at least take some tank water to a store to be tested.

Your tank is probably full of Ammonia from being uncycled and too much fish poop. It kills fish.
Here are a bunch of helpful articles

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ou-get-started-with-your-aquarium-154837.html

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/fish-in-cycling-step-over-into-the-dark-side-176446.html search Fish In Cycling and find more info.

I would get the water to safe levels of Ammonia, cut down to 1 or 2 fish, add some easy plants ( like Java Ferns ) and read and really do it right.

Planning to buy a bigger tank later isn't doing your fish justice now IMHO. Also Columbian Cats can get 4 feet, you can't afford that tank I'm almost positive. Plecos need at least 100g ?? They hit 2 feet.

Stock your tank with fish that will thrive and you'll enjoy your tank a lot more. Come up with a realistic stocking plan, before you buy fish. Do not trust most stores to sell you the right fish.

I have two 10g tanks and really enjoy my Nano fish.

You can see pics and my species list in my profile.

Save your fishes lives, return and start again.

Back
Top Bottom