My goldfish has red spots...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lily2559

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

My Ranchu Goldfish has had three red spots since yesterday. There are two large ones on the top of his back, and a small spot right below his eye. :(
I don't know what is wrong or what exactly to do. The two on his back almost look a little like rashes, but they aren't. I have him in a tank with my two year old Oranda. I also have two snails. This sounds really bad, but I've got a five gallon tank (I believe it is, it's sort of a hand-me-down) And I know that the rule is 10 gallon per Goldfish. I am going to try and get a 20 gallon tank as soon as possible. (I'm young, a teen, and it's difficult)

I just really want to know what's wrong and what I can do. I did a water test, and the only thing it said was wrong was an excess of calcium and magnesium... But I don't think that's it. I was thinking it might have been something to do with over-crowding or waste... But I'm sort of panicking. Because I can't find anything that sounds like this, and I don't know what it is. He isn't lethargic from what I can tell, and he's eating..
:bawl:
My Oranda seems fine, but he is following around my Ranchu and they are inseparable. I took out my Ranchu to take a picture for a few minutes, and they were just staring at each other and freaking out. They care about each other.

They are like "friends" to me... That seems a bit lame, but I really care about them.

Please help me?

Best photos I could get..

Attachments

• IMG_1399.JPG
    IMG_1399.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1398.jpg
    IMG_1398.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 142
Hi! Do you have a liquid test for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & ph? This really is a must hsve. If you cant afford a new tank, atleast pick up a 30g plastic storage bin from Walmart for under $10. Move them into this with new, conditioned water & filter/aeration.

Your fish are likely suffering from high toxin levels- its impossible to keep the water healthy with 2 goldies in a 5g. I would change 100% of their water daily with temperature matched, properly conditioned water until you can house them in 30g bin or a 30g tank. Healthy water should be enough to heal him on his own unless it becomes infected. Please ask any questions you may have!!

Back
Top Bottom