My goldfish looks burnt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Debbie K

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, major catastrophe,?
How do I save my goldfish?
I m a newbie at this and I did a new water change as I purchased a new canister filter 1800 Ltrs per hour . normally I would only use tap water and nothing else in a change but this time On recommendation of pet store I and added, pond kick start, ammonia and chlorine neutraliser and clarify to my pond as per directions on bottles. I mixed in a 10 Ltrs bucket with water stirring well then added to pond. 2 days later I’m horrified at what has happened to my fish. I didn’t think to use a water ph test kit and I’m devastated . I understand I have made a major mistake and I have dropped half the water from water feature and topped up with tap water and now going to get a water ph test kit.
What can I do to save my goldfish.

Attachments

• F3687D02-F787-4025-9E64-E395558F3EF7.jpg
    F3687D02-F787-4025-9E64-E395558F3EF7.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 26
  • FF1742DB-AF6D-4285-A377-ACC51EECFFB9.jpg
    FF1742DB-AF6D-4285-A377-ACC51EECFFB9.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 70
Hi everyone, major catastrophe,[emoji24]

How do I save my goldfish?

I m a newbie at this and I did a new water change as I purchased a new canister filter 1800 Ltrs per hour . normally I would only use tap water and nothing else in a change but this time On recommendation of pet store I and added, pond kick start, ammonia and chlorine neutraliser and clarify to my pond as per directions on bottles. I mixed in a 10 Ltrs bucket with water stirring well then added to pond. 2 days later I’m horrified at what has happened to my fish. I didn’t think to use a water ph test kit and I’m devastated . I understand I have made a major mistake and I have dropped half the water from water feature and topped up with tap water and now going to get a water ph test kit.

What can I do to save my goldfish.

Think I need some more info maybe. Do you have a cycled filter and pond at the moment? Also what ammonia readings are you getting?

The neutraliser and clarify are pretty standard and can easily be over dosed with no issues. Not sure what the pond kick start has?

Damage from the water change is most likely in the gills - keeping aeration up important. Still feel like I’m missing something here - what do you think the cause is?

Hi there, I’m currently using a nautilus 1800 Ltrs /hr canister filter, it’s brand new unfortunately I don’t know what the ph is until I purchase a ph kit tomorrow , my gold fish shares his pond with a sucker fish. People have said it’s ammonia burn. I have done a 50% water change and will be purchasing a ph test kit and melafix .people also mention that the sucker fish maybe attacking the goldfish. .

Yeah, not much you can do except clean water and keep aeration up for damaged gills. If you can add any media from a cycled tank/filter (even bit of gravel) to new filter that will help. The nitrifying bacteria in a bottle worth a try as well.

I’d half dose the first melafix or pimafix dose.

Back
Top Bottom