my guppie needs help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackie

Aquarium Advice Regular
got in from work today and checked on the fish[first things first] one guppie is missing :( and another seems to have what looks like a gash behind his top fin, water ok ,have dosed with melafix,anything else i can do . jackie

Dig a hole in the garden
Change the water 25%
Really look for the body as it will rot and cause your ammonia to increase if it is left in the tank
Don't guppies only live for between 24-36 months so it could be old age?
What other fish do you have? any angels?
Can you seperate the bullies?
Best wishes to the poorly fish

next day.. still havnt 'found missing guppie , other one died overnight ,found that body, another one looking sickly, no angels only other fish that can be a bully is a flying fox and he is usually to occupied with chasing and disturbing the corys, they seem to have got used to him ,have had the tank for 2 years,have had the guppies a couple of weeks ,never lost fish on this scale before, all other fish are fit and well ,is their something that effects guppies only.. jackie

How big is your tank guppies are kind of nosey and will go in other fish's space I have a 150gal tank and my guppies are always causing trouble with others they were probably just bugging the wrong fish.

What is your filter setup like? Could the guppy have gotten sucked into the filter, or gone into an overflow box?

Might want to check your mechanical filtration see if he's stuck.

-Dan

i have a fluval 3 internal filter have just checked and its not in there , still have one guppie looking sickly, will dose again with melafix and do a water change tho the water checked out ok..

they were all males ,my lfs said that wouln't be a problem, started with seven now down to 3 .. doesn't appear to be bullying between the guppies, they are in a tank with beacon tetras and neon s there are some corys but they are very peaceful the only horror i have in this tank is a flying fox and he seems to leave them alone. water and everything else seems to checking out ok have done a water change of 25 percent .. the other three seem to be ok ....

Back
Top Bottom