my guppy is breathing fast and lying at the bottom of tank not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaiMero

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ive noticed my guppy (yang) isnt eating and not moving around like normal. i jus took out three guppies out and moved them somewhere else bc one beat up my other fish to death and i didnt catch it in time and the other two were chasing my female. they werent bothering yang tho as far as i knew. yang is missing an eye due to a previous abusive relationship :( i did two water changes last week and put a chemical in to help get rid of any bad water but nothing seems to be changing anything. he was my first fish i dont want him to die :/ can anyone help me?
IMG_1213.jpg

ive noticed my guppy (yang) isnt eating and not moving around like normal. i jus took out three guppies out and moved them somewhere else bc one beat up my other fish to death and i didnt catch it in time and the other two were chasing my female. they werent bothering yang tho as far as i knew. yang is missing an eye due to a previous abusive relationship :( i did two water changes last week and put a chemical in to help get rid of any bad water but nothing seems to be changing anything. he was my first fish i dont want him to die :/ can anyone help me?
View attachment 320686

update: he died this morning. im still mot sure what happened tho :/

sorry for your loss..have you tested your water? There are a lot of reason's fish attack each other but I will tell you if one is sick they tend to "pick " on the sick one. I'm not sure why. Guppies are really easy to care for so it could've been something you maybe brought home from the pet store where you purchased your other 2 fish. What did you use for the water? I would stay away from chemicals you buy from the store to clear up water. It changes color for a reason and you need to figure out the reason and correct that. I had that happen with my first aquarium. I ran it for 2 weeks, did a water test and it was perfect until I put fish in then the ammonia spiked and caused my water to be cloudy. I used the new tank treatments and everything, I thought I did everything right. WRONG. What your supposed to do is during the 2 week cycle you place a pinch of food as if your feeding fish you don't have, crazy it sounds but what this does is create good bacteria that fights off the bad bacteria (the ammonia). So this all being said maybe its something simple and you can avoid next time. sucks to lose a water baby! If you like guppies I purchased a pregnant female and didn't know it now I have over 70 fry!�� too bad you didn't live near by I'd give you as many as you want! lol

sorry for your loss..have you tested your water? There are a lot of reason's fish attack each other but I will tell you if one is sick they tend to "pick " on the sick one. I'm not sure why. Guppies are really easy to care for so it could've been something you maybe brought home from the pet store where you purchased your other 2 fish. What did you use for the water? I would stay away from chemicals you buy from the store to clear up water. It changes color for a reason and you need to figure out the reason and correct that. I had that happen with my first aquarium. I ran it for 2 weeks, did a water test and it was perfect until I put fish in then the ammonia spiked and caused my water to be cloudy. I used the new tank treatments and everything, I thought I did everything right. WRONG. What your supposed to do is during the 2 week cycle you place a pinch of food as if your feeding fish you don't have, crazy it sounds but what this does is create good bacteria that fights off the bad bacteria (the ammonia). So this all being said maybe its something simple and you can avoid next time. sucks to lose a water baby! If you like guppies I purchased a pregnant female and didn't know it now I have over 70 fry!�� too bad you didn't live near by I'd give you as many as you want! lol

i am also taking care of many fry at the moment! ive had the tank for about 2 months now and the water seems fine. i jus lost two fish at the same time due to those two bullys so i might jus keep the bullys separated for a while till i figure out what to do to
fix this whole problem. thank you for your advice!

Back
Top Bottom