Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-20-2020, 04:17 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

My orandas skin.

Good morning.I am concerned regarding my oranda's skin which seems to have developed something, please see photo. A scale seems to be missing and a lump above white part.The fish lives alone and is happy, swimming around and eating. I was wondering if it had damaged its scales?
Any advice would be helpful especially if I need to treat the water. The tank uses a Fluval 306 filter and I have 2 airstones and a Fluval U1 as it likes to play in the bubbles from it.Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3269.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	315346  

Old 02-20-2020, 08:17 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hello harry...

Sometimes swimming against something that's a little abrasive can cause a slight injury. I keep Fancy Goldfish and I'll see a scale missing at times. I don't think this is serious. What's your tank maintenance routine? I change out at least half the water in my Goldfish tanks every week. I also add a teaspoon of standard aquarium salt to every five gallons of treated tap water. Salt is excellent for scaled fish. It boosts the immune system and helps heal injuries. I've used it for years in all my fish tanks. I also feed a little Spirulina every other day. It's high nutrient and helps with digestion.

B

Tags
oranda, orandas, skin

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com