My orandas skin.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harrylif

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good morning.I am concerned regarding my oranda's skin which seems to have developed something, please see photo. A scale seems to be missing and a lump above white part.The fish lives alone and is happy, swimming around and eating. I was wondering if it had damaged its scales?
Any advice would be helpful especially if I need to treat the water. The tank uses a Fluval 306 filter and I have 2 airstones and a Fluval U1 as it likes to play in the bubbles from it.Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3269.jpg
    IMG_3269.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 30
Hello harry...

Sometimes swimming against something that's a little abrasive can cause a slight injury. I keep Fancy Goldfish and I'll see a scale missing at times. I don't think this is serious. What's your tank maintenance routine? I change out at least half the water in my Goldfish tanks every week. I also add a teaspoon of standard aquarium salt to every five gallons of treated tap water. Salt is excellent for scaled fish. It boosts the immune system and helps heal injuries. I've used it for years in all my fish tanks. I also feed a little Spirulina every other day. It's high nutrient and helps with digestion.

B

Back
Top Bottom