My oscar !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jayven Joseph

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
so I had two oscars in a 30 gal for growing and with one being bigger than the other not by a lot they started fighting and this happend IMG_2368.jpg I don't know if he will make it I put some Medicine IMG_2370.jpg so from here just prayer please tell me if you think he's going to make it

Two Oscars in a 30 gal. Bad idea. I had 2 Oscars in a 55 Tempered glass . They got into a fight and shattered the 55 what a mess. Most Oscars do not get along in a aquarium setting even if they grow up together. You almost always get a dominant one that will try and kill the other ones,even in very lg. tanks. There is always an exception. I have 3 lg Oscars in my pond along with 4 15in plectos,5ex lg. pink kissers,2 redlg.parrots, 3 ex lg.bala sharks. loads of apana wood,and water hyathens. they still face off with each other but no damage. they always end up backing off after there display. When they were in a tank there was a constant battle. 1 Oscar in a 55 is a load. If you don't separate them the fish will surely die.

Minimum for an Oscar should be 75g..Even keeping the one in a smaller tank will lead to trouble with water quality and fish health.
As for meds the 'fixes' are not a real med.They are like bactine on a scratch....
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom