My Paradise Fish Died! :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hypostomus

Aquarium Advice Freak
I can't believe it. I came back from walking and fed him, then sat down. He was moseying around the tank picking off betta bites, normal as ever. I was checking my e-mail when I heard a bunch of splashing noises, and I went over and found him flipping around in the space between part of the filter and the tank wall. Apparently he had jumped there because he had knocked off part of a makeshift cover I had put on the tank. I thought he was just being dumb, so I moved the filter over and he swam out from behind it....upside-down! 8O He had a few more spasms, but continued floating upside-down and soon he started gasping. I put him in a bowl of his tank water and checked on the snail in the tank- it was totally fine and going about its business. I went back and he jumped a few more times, then his gills stopped moving and he died. Some patches of him were blanched and some were very dark. It was horrible. It was like he had a heart attack or something, but he's only 3 years old at the max!

I just checked the water in his tank and everything is fine.

I don't know what happened. He made a new bubblenest just this morning.. :cry:

Sorry for your loss, Hypostomus. It's like an epidemic here...so many people losing fish...it's terrible. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom