My quarantine process

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice write up.

The first addition I would make is to incorporate a heater into your standard QT process, especially since treating some diseases make this mandatory along with easier acclimation into the display tank.

The second would be not every disease needs to be treated with medications and most people prefer not to unless absolutely required, ich can be treated with salt/heat and Hexamita(spironucleus vortens and other flagellated protozoa) can be eliminated by ingestion of Epsom salt directly into the digestive track.

Don't take those suggestions the wrong way, was simply adding some additional information to a already great write up.

Last edited:
Very nice write up.

The first addition I would make is to incorporate a heater into your standard QT process, especially since treating some diseases make this mandatory along with easier acclimation into the display tank.

The second would be not every disease needs to be treated with medications and most people prefer not to unless absolutely required, ich can be treated with salt/heat and Hexamita(spironucleus vortens and other flagellated protozoa) can be eliminated by ingestion of Epsom salt directly into the digestive track.

Don't take those suggestions the wrong way, was simply adding some additional information to a already great write up.

I added the heater section, and heat treatment for ich to my blog. I also added a potassium permanganate treatment section as well.

Back
Top Bottom