My Ryukin Dying? :'(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldfishNewbie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well Bubba my ryukin has been having troubles lately. He had been losing all his scales and people on here seemed to think it was [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Myxosporidiosis[/FONT]
Today he was fine and swimming around, and I just went to turn off the lights for them and he's completely upside down :confused:
I had him in a 20 gallon tank with an oranda (bad I know, I had 4 in there, but bought a 50 gal tank and removed 2 asap, then wasnt sure if both the oranda and ryukin were sick so I kept them together) The oranda seems fine and I'm returning her to the store tomorrow since I apparently can't handle fancy goldfish :( And I think my ryukin will be gone by the morning :( Is there anything I can do though? He's only went upsidedown once before and I tapped the glass and he was fine... but it doesnt look promising :(
Help!

Oh, and water is all good. Ammonia and Nitrites are 0, nitrates are 20, and ph is 7.5
I do 50% daily water changes since there is no cure of Myxosporidiosis, but was told as long as I keep the water changed and clean it should be fine... :(

One last thing, thanks to my kitten chewing on my laptop cord, it's dying and I wont be able to check on here until tomorrow... I hope he makes it through the night, and if he doesnt any advice would still be appreciated, so I can learn from my mistakes... thanks :(

yeah ok not good well keep up on your water changes incresed areation (more bubbles) can help and anything for a speedy recovery such as salt but again dont go over 10 days using salt also gentlly increse temp of tank. i have heard of using methanol blue 10 drops per gallon use caution ive never done this before but have heard lots about it

Agh, he's upside down again :( Should I try not feeding him or giving him peas? could he just be dealing with swim bladder issues?

i wouldnt hold out on his food as long as he is using the bathroom i dont think its SBD i think its just having a hard time with myxosporidiosis but i will give you this fellas contact name he is a goldfish guru i just dont want to give the wrong info cause i have never delt with myxosporidiosis

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - View Profile: jsoong

let me know the progress

well he keeps switching between belly up and swimming at the top. I feel bad for him :( sometimes he just stops completely except for breathing, then other times he kind of spazzes out and swims everywhere

that means you got a fighter when he spazzes hes saying not me not today lol i hope he pulls through click that blue link i sent you a and pm jsoong he might know a little more with this problem iam kinda lost now but he is the man all i can say is try a little aquarium salt might help with the stress cause i dont think there is a cure for [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Myxosporidiosis but he might know of one and let me know what he says
[/FONT]

He's the one who thought it might be that, and I did thanks :) I hope he keeps fighting, but it feels like I kinda know how it's gonna end, and there isnt anything I can do :( Hopefully he recovers though

True. It could be two different things. I'd still give Blanched, shelled, chopped peas a shot.

He's been eating fine... he may be constipated because I never see his crap... I give him peas once a week, but I'll try some more tonight. I feed him tetrafin goldfish flakes in the morning, and nutrafin max pellets at night (or a smaller amount of each both)

Back
Top Bottom