my stonefish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike coulson

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ive got two stonefish/freshwater. my big one has slime gathering on his eyes,and going down his sides. it does not wipe off. my buddy had one die as a cause of it,but i cant find what it is. my buddy was told it was a viral sickness. he was told he should have used [clout???] can anyone help. whats going on? how do i fix it?

If I were you, I would get some Melafix and Pimafix and start treating immediatley. Both are all natural, and safe for fish and inverts. They are (between the two) anti-fungal and anti-bacterial.
Sounds like your fish might have a little of both possibly, with excess slime coat, which means there is something weird going on, internally or externally. Those meds will help with both. :)
Make sure you remove the carbon from the filter before you dose the tank, and follow the directions to a "T." You can use it for more than 7 days also. I would recommend doing a partial water change before the first dose too.
I just had to treat one of my fish for a fungus, and had to use the meds for 10 days.
Is your tank cycled?
Good luck, and feel free to ask any more questions!

Right on! I'll give it a shot. Have you ever heard of....clout? It was mentioned to my buddy for the same reason. No chain stores have enuff knowledge,or even heard of it at all.I think it was a med.???but i am not sure.

I'm not a big fan of Clout. I've heard people swear by the stuff, but all it did for me was turn the silicone in my tank blue. I've had better luck with API General Cure.

cool, thanks man. that's good to know.so your stuff,is it safe for scaleless.alot of meds. reccomend not to use it on them.i wanna make sure the cure doesn't cause damage itself.

It's been a while since I've used General Cure. I looked it up again and it's an anti-parasite medication. I haven't found anything that says it's not safe with scaleless fish. I used it with a pictus cat in the tank and he's no worse for wear.

Melafix and Pimafix would probably be better in this case.

good deal, i am already on it. I suppose if i don't get results, your suggestion will be the next step. thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom