My sunfish keeps flashing me in what I suspect isn't meant in a sexual way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rebel4x4wrangler

Aquarium Advice Newbie
(I'm TRYING to maintain a sense of humor about this)

This spring I started fishing as a cheap hobby, started a 10gal for my bait so I could buy in bulk and not have to stop off for minnows everyother day. I ended up with an odd looking minnow and left it to grow a bit, soon found it was a sunfish and decided to let it remain once I ran out of minnows and picked up a couple of cheap feeder coy to raise it with. I spoke to the store I got my bait at and learned the little guy came from an indoor fish farm.
Now that it is fall my sunny has his own 38gal aquarium with the following tank mates: 1plecostimus (sp?), 4 mystery snails, the four coy he was raised with and a varying number of feeder minnows. The coy are nearing 5" in length and the sunny is just over 4.5" and just transitioned from worms to feeder minnows (from the pet store, not the bait shop). My fish were all flashing so I was advised to add 5tbs of aquarium salt (the water never had any to start with) and the coy have stopped flashing but my sunfish continues to do so. Money IS an object (putting myself through college at 31) so I'm writing for advice, what do I do? is there any kind of OTC medication I can just put in the water? I've grown attatched to this little guy and often spend time watching him with my cat as quality time... I don't like knowing he is sufferring in anyway.

All advice appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom