My swordtail dilemma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crazyhermitcrab

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 4 new swordtails in a breeder box, since I do bit have a quarantine tank. They are possibly sick. 1 of them Is slightly "puffy" and has a small white patch under her gills. The other 2 females have 1 white patch on one of their scales. It's not slimy or fuzzyl it's like a white scale. The male has gray scales on his head. Should I keep them int his external breeder or put them in my tank??

Look int he bottom left.. In the middle of her body is a white patch

Look at the top female. Under her dorsal fin is a spot.

Also I am leaving for 9 days.....

I just put in 2 females, and 1 male.

honestly i see methylene blue working best for this. If your gonna be gone for 9 days tho, they might die, ammonia rises fast in a tank without benificial bacterial, needs daily 25% water changes in a Hospital Tank.

honestly i see methylene blue working best for this. If your gonna be gone for 9 days tho, they might die, ammonia rises fast in a tank without benificial bacterial, needs daily 25% water changes in a Hospital Tank.

I'm treating the tank with methylene blue. Hopefully all will go well. The hospital has fresh water being pumped in.

Back
Top Bottom