My Swordtail is turning pale and acting weird! :( Need Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HaikuFox

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good evening everyone,

My black swordtail was acting normal just a few days ago, and today I found him hiding, swimming in place and looking like this. He used to be almost fully black but as you can see hes turning pale. I am just not sure what is going on or how to help him :(

If anyone can offer any advice on whats happening and what to do, please help! Thanks!

Attachments

• 20210118_184514.jpg
    20210118_184514.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 38
did anything change recently? what are the water parameters, how long have you had the tank?

did anything change recently? what are the water parameters, how long have you had the tank?

Hes been acting the same since then, and we have put him in a hospital tank and have been treating with antibiotics and whatnot.

Our water parameters have been all good for a few months now, I dont remember the numbers off the top of my head but they were normal, with everything at zero and the Nitrates at a safe amount.

We have had the tank since September, as as stated it has been cycled since probably late october-ish?

His behavior is very odd. He kinda just swims in place, kind of swaying a bit. He used to be much more active, but as stated he hasnt been. He still eats some and doesnt show any signs of any external issues (besides the scales on his head turning white a bit?). They have always been a touch white but the picture shows much more white than what he used to have.

If you need any more info let me know!

Back
Top Bottom