my tetras don't swim, just stand there...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damiri

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I posted before about my ich fish. I had my ich fish quarantined in a hospital tank and dosed with three doses of ich treatment. After about 2.5 weeks all the fish were clean and moved back to the main tank and are doing well except my four tetras. They had very few ich spots to begin with but developed more as the treatment went along, which i found strange. It looks like they are covered with tiny air bubbles. Yesterday i changed water in the hospital tank and keep it at 82F but the bubbles are not going away and the fish behavior last few days is strange. They do not swim about like they did before but mostly just stand in the water, mostly near the bottom, and have those little jerky fin movements. Then they will swim a bit and stand and twitch again. They do not even swim up for food when i feed them and they did it before... What can be wrong with them? I am not sure what to do with them now. Should i keep them separated in warm tank or move them back to the main tank and hope for the best?

i tried to upload a video of the fish but it's not working

I posted before about my ich fish. I had my ich fish quarantined in a hospital tank and dosed with three doses of ich treatment. After about 2.5 weeks all the fish were clean and moved back to the main tank and are doing well except my four tetras. They had very few ich spots to begin with but developed more as the treatment went along, which i found strange. It looks like they are covered with tiny air bubbles. Yesterday i changed water in the hospital tank and keep it at 82F but the bubbles are not going away and the fish behavior last few days is strange. They do not swim about like they did before but mostly just stand in the water, mostly near the bottom, and have those little jerky fin movements. Then they will swim a bit and stand and twitch again. They do not even swim up for food when i feed them and they did it before... What can be wrong with them? I am not sure what to do with them now. Should i keep them separated in warm tank or move them back to the main tank and hope for the best?

i tried to upload a video of the fish but it's not working
I think you have to upload the video thru youtube not sure though

Back
Top Bottom