mysterious death in tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missexpresso

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 10 gal tank with 2 species of guppies (regular guppies and bubble gum guppies). I started off with a regular male guppy and two bubble gum females and had no problems. I also had an algae eater and 3 panda corey bottom feeders. After a month of having them I bought another female bubble gum guppy and a male bubble gum guppy. Again I had no problems. I went on vacation for a week and returned to find all my bottom feeders and my algae eater dead which I found out was due to low temperature in my tank. I adjusted the temp and bought 2 new bottom feeders and 2 new regular female guppies (one of them is pregnant). This morning I woke up to find one of my original female bubble gum guppies dead. She had a large bite mark on her side.
I think my regular male guppy was either the culprit or a victim himself because his fins are torn up and I fear he will die soon as well (he's been swimming on his side and swimming near the top of the tank for the last few hours).
I'm worried for my other guppies.
I had my tank water checked yesterday and all the levels are all normal.
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I have a 10 gal tank with 2 species of guppies (regular guppies and bubble gum guppies). I started off with a regular male guppy and two bubble gum females and had no problems. I also had an algae eater and 3 panda corey bottom feeders. After a month of having them I bought another female bubble gum guppy and a male bubble gum guppy. Again I had no problems. I went on vacation for a week and returned to find all my bottom feeders and my algae eater dead which I found out was due to low temperature in my tank. I adjusted the temp and bought 2 new bottom feeders and 2 new regular female guppies (one of them is pregnant). This morning I woke up to find one of my original female bubble gum guppies dead. She had a large bite mark on her side.
I think my regular male guppy was either the culprit or a victim himself because his fins are torn up and I fear he will die soon as well (he's been swimming on his side and swimming near the top of the tank for the last few hours).
I'm worried for my other guppies.
I had my tank water checked yesterday and all the levels are all normal.
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

You need to rehome the algae eaters and cories
It was most likely an algae eater that killed her

By the way what are bubble gum guppies? I've never seen nor heard o them not even on google

I did some digging and it turns out that I don't have bubble gum guppies. The store I bought them from called them that but it looks like they're Limias. Thank you for correcting me, I probably wouldn't have found that out if you hadn't mentioned it :)

Back
Top Bottom