Mysterious fish deaths no longer mysterious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey there, Use a whole lot a stress zyme Like buy the 15.99 bottle and squeeze in a 1/4 of it. This will convert harmful toxins such as ammonia into non toxic ones. The ammonia may still be present in the tests, but it will be harmless to ur livvestock, just do that and wait for your tank to cycle. If that doesnt work. Get RO water!

That's not bad but, could be adding to your problem a little. Keep on it. It has to eventually come down.

K. Another thing.. i have two cats.. will they be the next to go ~ tears..~ And my mickey mouse is about to have fry... I also believe my molly is too... or shes just a big fatty...

Having that many fish isn't helping, I know you know that. Just gotta keep trying and hope for the best.

!! I think i could be feeding my fish too much?! I feed them flakes in the afternoon and in the morning and 3 pellets in the morning, and at night. Morning = five a.m.
Could that cause amonnia spikes?

Yes, that's not helping. Once a day is enough. You could even drop back to once every two days. I think you are ok with the bloodworms every three days or so as a treat.

You might be overfeeding. If they aren't eating all of the pellets and flakes that will cause ammonia. Also, if they poop a lot.

well i cant really find the pellets... but when i siphon with a hose i get a few mushy ones.

All together they equal nine inches of fish.. including the frog... (( not counting the tails ))

I thought you were going to go eat tacos. LOL

So, your battling ammonia in a maxed out tank and are over feeding. :nono:

You very determined and that's good, it's what your tank and fish are gonna need to get through it.

you said you vac'ing up the pellets. That's good but, are you vac'ing every day? What about the filter? Are you leaving that alone? I'm asking because, the good bacteria needs a place to grow and if your cleaning everything all the time, then you are continuing to stall your tanks cycle. This may seem like I'm offering backward advice but, don't vac every day. Once a week is good and then only vac half the tank. That way you not disturbing all the bacteria every day.

ive been vaccing every other day to try to get left over food from where i was clueless and just left it there... I havent messed with the filter since i started running it... is that a bad thing? it works fine.. i think... o.o...

~ grumpy face ~ gotta wait till my mums bf gets home ~ grumbles... stomach grumbles aswell ~

Rach101 said:
I rechecked my Amonnia test from my tap water. Its no .50. Its 1.0

Well, that's not helping. Maybe you can get your folk to pick you up a couple gallon of distilled water to do water changes with. That's probably not going to make them happy but, by adding ammonia to a tank that's already high in ammonia, kinda defeats what you trying to accomplish.

Rach101 said:
ive been vaccing every other day to try to get left over food from where i was clueless and just left it there... I havent messed with the filter since i started running it... is that a bad thing? it works fine.. i think... o.o...

No, not touching the filter is a good thing. Just don't vac so much. Just replace the water. Limit disturbing your gravel bed to once a week, then only half.

And ive noticed a little bit of algae growth (( Bacteria?? )) on a rock decor i have, but my fish usually pick it clean after i notice it..

Back
Top Bottom