Mysterious White Bumps Not Ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BA_shley

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I added two silver dollar fish roughly 2 inches each to my community about a month ago. 2 Weeks later the larger one developed a white bump on his mouth that later turned into a sore then days later he developed a white slightly fuzzy spot on his tail fin with a reddish tinge inside the spot then it got these blister like lumps under the skin all over. I quarantined him and treated for parasites and I think the medication killed him. the other dollar was fine so I purchased another dollar and its been two Weeks and both silver dollars are now showing signs of the same condition! I've researched a lot and can't find much that matches my issue. And I'm positive its not ick... Please help

To the best of my knowledge it is ich. What makes you think its not. Ich gives fish white fuzzy spots so I would treat for ich. It won't hurt

If you can post a picture it might help to see if anyone recognizes it?

Ok I couldn't get a clean pic cause these guys won't be still enough. But the bumps on each of their upper lip looks exactly like a white head pimple with red inflammation around the base it looks like I could pop it. I did treat for ick with the first sick fish but it didn't go away instead it developed lumps like blisters under the skin without any color change. And This is a community tank and the only fish that have had this issue are the silver dollars. I've dealt with ick before and used the same method that works but this I'm pretty sure isn't ick. My parameters are fine I use under gravel filtration and do 30 -40% pwc about every 2-3 Weeks

Back
Top Bottom