Mystery Death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco

Aquarium Advice Freak
I woke up this morning to one of my Bolivian Rams dead. I did a water check yesterday, and another one this morning with my AP Master Kit. Both came back the same at 0 0 0. That takes water issues out of the equation, im just baffled over the sudden death of the Ram. I noticed in the past weeks it had been in the back plants a lot resting on the gravel, but i heard that isnt uncommon with Bolivians. The only other thing i can think of is that the other Ram was being aggressive toward it. I didnt see this one eating all that much and lately i had seen the other ram wander in to this ones territory more.

hmm just a bit bummed :(

-Pleco

I am really sorry to hear about that. I had a similar thing happen a couple of weeks ago with my male GBR and I thought it was due to java moss. I now think that it was a death caused by stress from the other males, but it is the uncertainty that makes me sad. I just wish I knew what the problem was so that I could try and fix it. Once again, I am very sorry.

I would agree, probably stress. And because they are harder to sex, it's possible they could have both been the same sex.

Sorry to hear about the loss :(
Sometimes fish can be more sensitive to things than we expect, even 'hardy' fish can die suddenly when water params are fine. I don't think there's anything you could have done differently, so don't be hard on yourself.

Back
Top Bottom