Mystery Snail half out of shell + slime.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goop

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! I currently have a mystery snail by himself in a 5 gallon lightly planted tank with a filter and heater. Over the past couple days he’s been doing a bunch of weird things. 3 days back he was floating at the top of the tank, but went back to acting like normal later on. Than the next day he was floating once again. Today I came home and he is half out of his shell with slime. I picked him up and he retracted only a little back into his shell. No smell. I have been doing half water changed for the past couple of days. Is this some more goofy mystery behavior? How can I help my little buddy out? IMG_5959.jpg

Any salt being added to the water? Or other additives?

I have been using tap water conditioner on the water every change. I also have been using API stress zyme. Should I try adding some aquarium salt?

No. How long have you had the snap and how big was it when you got it?

I’ve had him for about 6 months and he was the same size when I got him. Unfortunately he passed this morning. When I picked him up he slipped out of his shell. I’m thinking it might have been old age because his water stats where all normal :(

Attachments

• IMG_5982.jpg
    IMG_5982.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 180
Back
Top Bottom