Need Advice On A Med!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robertx859

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a problem with a few guppies in my 10 gallon. They seem to have an internal parasite due to stingy poop. I went to my LFS today to ask what the stingy poop was and they said that it was an internal parasite and recommended a product called Parasite Clear from Jungle. What I want to know is did anyone have good success with that product and what should the water perameters be before adding Parasite Clear and how long it should be used. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank You!

Before using meds, try feeding partially boiled, shelled peas. Your guppies may simply be constipated.

I've never used parasite clear. Check if the med has methylene blue in it. If it does, it will permanently stain the tank silicone and some tank decorations. If you decide to use meds, it would be best to do so in a hospital tank - a 5 gal bucket or rubbermaid container would do for guppies.

It shouldn't turn your tank bluish green (if I remember right it's the fungal one that does that) and it's been a while since I used it but I don't think it really helped, but I've never really had any luck with curing internal parasites >__< HTH a bit.

The directions should tell you how long to use it, i think it's for like.. a week or something. If you fish that's affected will eat, you should try internal parasite food :)

I've used Jungle's Parasite clear, it is a decent medication. It doesn't affect water color but can affect bacterial cycles. Keep an eye on your parameters.

Back
Top Bottom