I have just lost a platy that has symptoms of internal parasite (thin fish, listless, loss of appetite, I mean the fish totally ignores any food). I have just dropped a Parasite Clear to the tank and the fish was gone the next day.
Now, I observed the other platy always have its fins close to its body, and the gills seem to be widely open. According to a brochure from Wal-Mart, this is another symptom for parasite and can be treated with Parasite Clear.
Considering the other platy died the day after I dropped the Parasite Clear tablet in, I'm not sure if I should perform the same treatment.
Any advice / suggestion on how to deal with this?
To answer some of the commonly asked questions:
1. The fish mentioned above both came from the same store, Petland, approx. 2 weeks ago.
2. The tank size is 15 gal
3. I vaccumed the gravel and 50% water change as soon as I found the first fish died, Sunday 2 days ago.
4. Last night I tested my water, ammonia is 0 nitrite is .1. I dont have test kit for nitrate.