Need aggressive treatment for fin rot in goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kari

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, my computer's been down for a few weeks now. I'll update later, but right now, I need ideas. I have a black moor that has fin rot, and I thought it was getting better, but it isn't. What's the best med for this? I'm doing the water changes, and I've tried several treatments, I just thought I'd pick y'all's brains and see what your opinion is for the BEST treatment.

Melafix and water changes are the only things that work. And making sure no one is picking on him. How often do you do pwc?

almost all of your tanks are way overstocked. Goldfish get 8-10" long unless they are feeders. Common Plecos also get huge up to 18" long. For now I would do what Apocalypse_Gold suggests and, in the future, look into upgrading to much larger tanks.

salt is always a good stand by. 1 tblsp per gallon and make sure water params are in check. You can use pimafix and or melafix in conjuction with the salt also.

I really hope you have tiny goldfish and pleco in that 10 gallon. if you plan to keep them all together youre going to need a 75 gallon minimum. You have 4 goldfish in a 5 gallon?? I think I know why youre having disease problems. Way overstocked.
Why is there a pleco in almost every tank you own? Youre going to need alot of big tanks in the future for that many large fish. Three plecos and 10 goldfish. That will eventually add up to about 112" or almost 10 feet of of large bodied fish!

Back
Top Bottom