Need Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr.diggler

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am having problems with my freshwater morey eel, he hasn't eaten in about three weeks i would say. I've tried krill, ghost shrimp and also dry food. He is still active swimming around. The water is good I am positive, just afraid that I am going to wake up and he is going to be down and out. Any suggestions. He is about a foot and a half long and almost a year old. Its not like him though, he used to have a sick appetite he would hammer any food that came into the tank even my fish.

I don't know, typically when a fish stops eating it is a sign of an infection or parasitic infestation. Has there been any changes made in the tank recently?

well, recently i did move, so they were in a cooler till i got the tank setup up again and secondly one of my fish had fungus, so i started to treat it using MelaFix. Thinking that might of been the problem i moved the infected fish to another tank and replaced about 25% of the water.

Back
Top Bottom