NEED HELP ON MYSTERY GOLDFISH SPOTS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ConanTheLibraia

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just discovered this morning that my goldfish has white spots all over it. What could this be?

I have done some reasearch and I think it may be velvet? Im not totally sure though. What would you all reccomend?

Sounds like ICK!!! Go to the LFS and pick up some melafix. Take the carbon out of your filter and then do what the box says.

yes, it will take the melafix out of the water

also, raise the temp in the tank up to 79-80

dont take the carbon out unless you get the melafix

I don't have a heater since its a goldfish tank, I am taking your suggestion and making a trip to the LFS to get the melafix this afternoon. Sound alright?

I think it also had a mix of tail rot too, whatever it all is, my water quality and fish is absolutly unhealthy and I am working to make it better. I lost a black moor, it had tail rot, and it got to its body. Day 2 of the melafix, and I think the other fish may be gettting better, although dosnt aquarium pharmasuticals also make a Super Ick Cure or somthing like that? The melafix seems like an all around type of thing.

Back
Top Bottom