Need help please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just an idea, but amazon.com sells it as well as some other big pet stores online. They ship overnight too. I would just start with the qt and see if it helps before deciding on treating your main tank.

Tetra seems to be doing better this morning. Still has the bumps but he is much more active. Will continue with the quarantine with lots of fresh water and salt treatment for now.

The PH in the main tank is doing better. Got it up to 6.6 with a few small PWCs yesterday and put a small amount of crushed coral in the filter last night. This morning it's almost at 6.8. Will check again after work today and adjust the crushed coral accordingly.

Good work! Im glad he is doing better! Keep up with the pwcs & hopefully everything will calm down in the next week (or so)! :)

Well, I thought he was doing better but we lost him today. Poor little guy. He was starting to get really active again too and his bumps looked to be decreasing in size. I suppose whatever he had just had too strong of a foothold. None of the other fish are showing any symptoms at this time and it's been many days. Strange that two of them fell prey to the same mysterious illness right after the substrate change though they were housed in different containers during the task. Maybe it was something to do with the new substrate or more likely bullying from my GBR after everyone was put back in the tank. Guess I'll never know unless another fish comes down with it.

The good news is my ammonia levels are coming back down. That was probably caused by a combination of substrate change and melting anacharis and val. Neither of them did well after I planted them and I removed them last night to help reduce ammonia emissions. Put in some wisteria, Rotala and another large anubias. Still need more background plants that won't melt though.

Im sorry about your fish :( But, i am glad things are calming down & returning to normal!! Hopefully, it was just a fluke thing & we may never know exactly what happened (i just might think twice before changing your substrate again...). Good luck!!!

That stuff is staying in there until the "Big Rip"! ;) It was a huge chore, looks brilliant though.

Thanks for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom