Need some help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshwatergal

Aquarium Advice Freak
My mom bought some tin foil barbs a while ago, 3 all together. One has passed on, and the smaller of the two left was getting annoyed too much by the larger one, so I took it off her hands. I am hesitant to put it in my 46 gal community tank because I have smaller fish and don't want them to disappear. I have him in my 10 gal qt tank for right now, hoping to set up my other 20 gal tank for him. I know that this tank isn't big enough for him, but its the only other choice we have. We can not take him back to the place where she bought him, and Im not sure if any other lfs will be willing to take him. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

WalMart won't. They are just in it for the sale and won't accept outside "donations". But maybe a store like Petco or whatever other chain store there is will take it. Often LFS are willing to take in fish that are mature. Some people hate having to buy little fish and wait for them to grow so big fish will actually sell quick and since they didn't have to raise it, even better.

I know the petsunlimited near me loves getting big plecos back. They generally don't last the week before they are sold again for use in big cichlid tanks.

----------------------
off topic but in your 20 gallon tank you have gobys and dwarf puffers. The puffers are fresh water and the gobys are brackish aren't they? I know gobys will survive in fresh water for a time but eventually they won't make it.

Petsmart's won't. Petland's will. They still have my auratus :p He's killed some of their fish rofl.. Mean sob.

You might want to call the non chain LFS and see if any of them are willing to take him. Some might even be willing to give you credit! You could also throw an ad in the classifieds here on Aquariumadvice; maybe someone in your area might be interested in him.

Back
Top Bottom