Need some help with diagnosis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jesse W

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had an angel die a couple weeks ago from what seems pretty similar to this. I don't know if I'm just not seeing it or what, but I'm having a difficult time determining what this is. Anglefish stays to itself in back of tank (used to be very active) still eats but not very much and not very often, occasionally flashing and darting around. What I can see as you can see in the picture is almost white discoloration near the head, white near the bottom of dorsal fin and some white marks on the caudal fin. Really need some advice, getting to that point of being really frustrated. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• image-714491991.jpg
    image-714491991.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 56

Velvet is easily identified by shining a flashlight on the fish, I don't see anything for those pictures that's concerning.

I assume your water parameters are good so I'd recommend treating for parasites. If the fish is still eating then I'd recommend either medicated flakes from Angelsplus or soaking pellets into a 3% epsom salt solution as this will eradicate spironucleus vortens & other flagellated protozoa's. If the fish stops eating then I'd treat with a commercial mediation such as Clout along with adding the Epsom salts into the water coloum. The most successful method will be treating the digestive track by ingestion so I'd start there.

Medicated Flake Food for Fish

Back
Top Bottom