Need some help with my angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

George9

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ugh, more problems :(

I got back from vacation two days ago and noticed my angel was acting a little different. First, yesterday, He has hanging by the driftwood and touched it and started twitching a little. Today, he's staying in one side of the tank and kinda picking at the filter intake. I got him to eat two pellets today, but he didnt come up for them, I had to throw it right in front of his face. I think its some kind of internal parasite after reading online. Params are fine (0,0,5).

I found some medicated flake on angels plus, I was thinking about going for the Anti protozoan flake, but if it stops eating all together, then what should be done? I do also have some Metro+ on hand.

http://www.angelsplus.com/FlakeMedicated.htm

What should I do? qt him? I cant lose this guy, he is my favorite!

edit- he swims a little slanted too

Thanks

I need some advice fast, he doesn't seem to be doing very well :( sigh..

Aw sorry man! I cringe every time i think of internal parasites. Happened to my angels..so sad.

I did a couple things, i did a dip with him in a certain salt? I forget the name of it..

I also treated with jungle anti parasite.

Lastly, it is recommended that you try to use anti-parasite food that contains garlic.

I recommend you flip back alot of threads of mine until you find the one about my angel. That will prob be the most helpful thing i can offer:/

Edit: it is labled "clear poop, bad?"

Sorry george

Aw sorry man! I cringe every time i think of internal parasites. Happened to my angels..so sad.

I did a couple things, i did a dip with him in a certain salt? I forget the name of it..

I also treated with jungle anti parasite.

Lastly, it is recommended that you try to use anti-parasite food that contains garlic.

I recommend you flip back alot of threads of mine until you find the one about my angel. That will prob be the most helpful thing i can offer:/

Edit: it is labled "clear poop, bad?"

Sorry george

was it epsom salt? I think I have some of that for my plants, MGSO4, but I heard some where that theyre the same thing, I'll have to investigate.

I have the jungle anti parasite food, but they just dont eat the stuff!

Was jungle anti parasite a med for the water?

I will take a look at your thread thanks :)

George9 said:
was it epsom salt? I think I have some of that for my plants, MGSO4, but I heard some where that theyre the same thing, I'll have to investigate.

I have the jungle anti parasite food, but they just dont eat the stuff!

Was jungle anti parasite a med for the water?

I will take a look at your thread thanks :)

Yes Epsom!!

Yeah, it was a tablet for the water..

Yes Epsom!!

Yeah, it was a tablet for the water..
Yeah found it! walmart sells it I think, hopefully its not too expensive, I'll have to mov e him to qt. I dont have a ton of cash for meds. Im on page 22 of your thread, did Gabriel survive?

edit: he did survive! I NEED to go to walmart NOW lol

do you remember how much a box cost? the walmart site doesnt say

Epsom salt is only a couple bucks and can be found even at grocery stores. Look in the pharmacy area

George9 said:
Yeah found it! walmart sells it I think, hopefully its not too expensive, I'll have to mov e him to qt. I dont have a ton of cash for meds. Im on page 22 of your thread, did Gabriel survive?

edit: he did survive! I NEED to go to walmart NOW lol

Man it makes me sad just talking about him.

He did survive it, but had a relapse a couple weeks later after i stopped the meds. :(

Only like 6 bucks...

Man it makes me sad just talking about him.

He did survive it, but had a relapse a couple weeks later after i stopped the meds. :(

Only like 6 bucks...

Oh no, a relapse? Did he survive that?

He took some food from the surface just now, and was swimming around for a while, maybe he is constipated, I havent actually seen any white poo from him. I havent seen any poo from him at all for a while. so that is a possibility. I'll try some peas, then I'll go for the epsom salt bath if that doesnt work

George9 said:
He took some food from the surface just now, and was swimming around for a while, maybe he is constipated, I havent actually seen any white poo from him. I havent seen any poo from him at all for a while. so that is a possibility. I'll try some peas, then I'll go for the epsom salt bath if that doesnt work

Good plan!! Exactly what i would do.

Nope..:(

Good plan!! Exactly what i would do.

Nope..:(

Thanks Jack :)

He took in a big piece of pea then spit half out, so hes got half of a pea in him lol. The rainbow took the other piece, stupid rainbow :p at least he's eating and hes actually been swimming around a little more tonight than earlier today. I'll keep watching his, uh, hole lol for poop. Hopefully nice and brown!!!

Disregard the last post lol

I got him in qt right now. He is more active than yesterday :) I will start meds later today

View attachment 109409

He is a little skittish right now though

It seems all fish that go in this qt tank are skittish. I have to be careful about my movements

Edit:now hes just hovering in the corner, as expected. At least his find aren't clamped

Well I get home with meds aand he was swimming in circles. I dropped one as fast as I could. I think he stopped now. Oh god, I hope I'm not too late :(

Pray for him!!!

Edit: okay hes hovering normally in his corner now.

George9 said:
Well I get home with meds aand he was swimming in circles. I dropped one as fast as I could. I think he stopped now. Oh god, I hope I'm not too late :(

Pray for him!!!

Edit: okay hes hovering normally in his corner now.

:(

You didnt read the directions...i think you were supposed to dissolve the tablet in a cup of tank water first..

Praying for him!

Gboy66 said:
:(

You didnt read the directions...i think you were supposed to dissolve the tablet in a cup of tank water first..

Praying for him!

That was for tanks 40+ gallons, hes in a 10g now.

Back
Top Bottom