Need Urgent Help with my Tinfoil Barbs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AshBarb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This is my first time on the forum and I appreciate any help. Thank you so much in advance.

1~What type of fish is afflicted?

I have 2 Tinfoil Barbs that are affected they are missing scales which I believe is due to flashing. I added anti parasitic medicine to deal with this yesterday and when I came back both of their top fins had turned black!!! Is this normal for tinfoil Barbs or is there some sort of ammonia poisoning?

2~What are your tank parameters

I am out of water testing kits currently, will not be able to provide the parameters :(

3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?

Its a 3 foot tank which has been set up for around a month now

4~What type of filtration are you using?

I am using an internal aquarium filter (sobo 1200F) which filters 880L/H

5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes?

There are four fish in the tank 2 Tinfoil Barbs (1 large and 1 medium) 1 white carp type fish (medium size & sorry dont know the name) and 1 pleco (also medium size)

6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel?

I do a 30-40% water change every 2 weeks

7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?

I have had these fish for around 10 months now

8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?

I added new substrate when I had initially set up this tank but that didn't cause any issues. I gave them anti parasitic medicine (diluted with water not directly added) and within 24 hours the top fins of both my barbs had turned black

9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?

I have mainly been feeding them flakes and freeze dried shrimp. I feed them peas and cucumbers once in a blue moon

IMG_20190606_163634.jpgIMG_20190606_163727.jpgIMG_20190606_163647.jpgIMG_20190606_163704.jpg

Research research... research... Google "tinfoil barb care", "properly setting up and cycling aquarium" , "carp care in home aquarium".

Back
Top Bottom