Neon Rosy with a bad pectoral fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcolon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Woke up this morning and found my Neon Rosy Barb somewhat swimming in a circle patterns:(. Not really swimming upright, had a slight tilt, but was at the bottom of the tank. Took a closer look and it is not moving it's left pectoral fin much, I can't tell if it's been nipped or injured... all other fins are fine. It's in a bucket w/ Aq salt I keep for tank purposes. It swims in an erratic circle pattern, somewhat on it's side. It can't seem to keep itself upright as much. It's colors are good, breathing actually looks normal.

Any thoughts if it can recover? Anything else I can give it? I'm setting up a QT later.

P.S. taking a pic is impossible ... it moves too much for a clear image:nono:.

Ok ... so when I left around 11am I had the Neon Rosy in a bucket with aquarium salt. Get back about 4:30pm and find it;s swimming fine .. not in erratic circles or anything. Right now got him in a mini tank with an air-stone and tank substrate .. to keep an eye out. Will do PWC's from the main tank every few hours with the salt.

At one point, about 5 minutes after first put in the mini tank ... it made a dash for the surface and spiraled back down to the bottom erratically ... swimming like it did before and then back to swimming normally. The fin I thought was injured appears ok?... tough to tell .. but it's not using it as much as the other. Figure I'll keep checking on it for the next few days .. maybe a week, see if it develops anything new. I'm perplexed ... as much as I'd like to put it back in the main tank ... I've no idea what was up with it this morning.

The other fish are fine.

Back
Top Bottom