Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-30-2007, 09:36 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Neon Tetra Died, Other Fish in Aquarium in Danger

I have had four neon tetras for almost a year now and one died yesterday after it developed a black coloration between its dorsal fin and its eyes. The coloration developed for a week or two and then I noticed it starting to list aimlessly and shimmy a little back and forth. It died the next morning. The other three appear to be normal. I also have an albino cory catfish, a Plecostomus catfish, and four fancy tail guppies in the tank as well. It is a ten-gallon set-up with a heater and a Tetra Whisper Filtration system. I am worried about the other fish in the tank since the one Tetra that turned black died. I have researched fish diseases on the web and have not come up with anything. Can anyone help me or suggest anything so that I do not lose my other fish?

Old 01-30-2007, 09:39 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

well your first problem is neons can not survive saltwater

Old 01-30-2007, 09:48 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to tecwzrd
I assume by your fish list that you meant to put this in the FW side and not the SW side so I'll move it.

If you haven't figured it out yet I like to BOLD links :P

Vote for AA at Aqua Rank
tecwzrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:40 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Did you test your water parameters? I can't really say for sure what the problem might have been. All I can suggest is do weekly water changes and keep a close eye on the other fish. If any of the same symptoms arise, then I'd worry.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:19 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thanks for all your lousy help

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDogg
well your first problem is neons can not survive saltwater
excuse me for making an honest mistake of posting in the incorrect forum as a brand new user... you've been of so much help.

Tags
die, died, neon, neon tetra, tetra

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com