Neon Tetra disease- again with the question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
That one neon tetra that has that tan brown spot on it's tail, i often see it with it's mouth just gaped open, the brown stuff doesn't get any bigger or anything he just acts weird sometimes, he still schools but gets lost now and then on where they went

No, I haven't had the money to do anything >_< and my hospital tank is being used up by my danio

And I'm not exactly sure if it IS neon tetra disease, I'm just curious if like it's common for one to have like an open mouth like that, it's just creepy.

I don't know whether to put it down or what ._.

The lady at petsmart told me to try Marcel Two, which I told her I had but I don't think that'll help much :? I'll have to wait to til tomorrow to quarentine it.

there is no known cure for NTD.. is it in a tank with other neons? it should be quarantined if possible, to help prevent spreading it.

Yeah I know about it but I'm not even sure if that's what it is, but even though it's uncureable should I let it live or what? It lives with all my other fish but I can't take it out until I take my danio out tomorrow.

....If it is neon tetra disease, and it is incurable, I feel bad quarentining a community fish for the rest of it's life because it's sick.

Puriti said:
....If it is neon tetra disease, and it is incurable, I feel bad quarentining a community fish for the rest of it's life because it's sick.

I would feel better about that then letting the rest of my fish get sick..
And putting the fish down is an option if your positive that NTD is the problem.
You can QT the fish until your absolutely certain that NTD is the problem.

o.o thanks... cuz he's getting really skinny and weak and I just don't want him to suffer anymore...

*looks at thing* O_O but I'm not cutting off it's head...

Umm...my grandma told me we have...whiskey... would that count?^^;;

>_< i have rubbing alcohol...

look at your pharmacy.. they will likely have clove oil..
the clove oil puts them to sleep you still need to freeze or somthing to that effect afterward..
sorry to hear about this :(

Back
Top Bottom