Neon Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh yeah, my neons are great. I just bought 3 more, and after a bout of pecking order drama, they are all sticking together. I really like the way they all slowly move around the bottom of the tank. They are very relaxing to watch, not to mention beautiful. Since discovering a fellow aquarist (the teacher in the classroom next to mine, I found out she has 5 tanks at her house! We talk fish whenever we get the chance. We are also exchanging...she ended up with my school of black neons and my murderous dwarf gourami, yeah, my angel he attacked so viciously sometime during the night died the next day). Anyway, all I have now are the neons, 2 cories, and an angel in my tank at home. I don't know what else to add. I've not been able to keep angels for very long. I had one die mysteriously. I've got 2 in my tank at school along with 5 glo light tetras and 2 mollies, which could change at any time. I hope my angels make it. I got all but one of them at a lfs. They other one I bought at petsmart. They are small, about the size of a quarter.

Removed 4 snails, I only have a 23ltr Fluval Edge so don't want it over run, think I will get an assasin snail to deal with anymore, I now have shrimp (cherry red) so they can clean (y)
Regards

bruinsbro1997 said:
Snails I would actually keep. They're a good indicator of water quality if you dot have a tes kit yet, if they die then you know something's off.

Ya i guess, but i hae an api, so i hate the snails. They dont even clean the tank too much

As promised, a couple of pictures

IMG_5065.jpg A shot of my Fluval Edge 23ltr Neons and RCS on the filter sponge at the back

IMG_5073.jpg Look hard and a RCS at the base of the bog wood

Regards (y)

Attachments

• IMG_5069.jpg
    IMG_5069.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 67
Nowons will school only with neons an same with most other tetras! Even if u have 2 fish that look very similar like cardinal tetras and neon tetras they wont school

SHHH.... My neons might hear you !!! Mine are absolutely inseperable from my rummynose tetras.... they look like a big sardine ball moving around in my tank.

Phranque said:
SHHH.... My neons might hear you !!! Mine are absolutely inseperable from my rummynose tetras.... they look like a big sardine ball moving around in my tank.

Hahahaaha wow i bet thats pretty rare! Must be cool!

Back
Top Bottom