Neon Tetra's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hedgehog

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi.

I've just noticed that a number of my Neon Tetra's have white growths on their tails, plus one has a awhile growth by its mouth. Is this Neon Tetra Disease?

The setup is a 55gal with all water test in acceptable parameters.

Thanks.

Attachments

• image-1544977329.jpg
    image-1544977329.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 261
  • image-622110183.jpg
    image-622110183.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 144
I am currently fighting the same thing. At least on the mouth. I am using a pimafix/melafix combo but wanted Jungle Fungus (it was recommended on my thread http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/possible-cotton-mouth-206235.html). I have had a hard time figuring out if it is a fungus or bacteria. I have read both but it seems to be leaning toward fungus.

Hopefully someone can offer more information I was just confused when searching on the web.

Good Luck! Let me know if you find out something good!

Neon Tetra disease

Hi.

I've just noticed that a number of my Neon Tetra's have white growths on their tails, plus one has a awhile growth by its mouth. Is this Neon Tetra Disease?

The setup is a 55gal with all water test in acceptable parameters.

Thanks.

Thankfully, this is not Neon disease because that's not curable. This appears to be a fungal infection. I recommend you reading the following article so you have a better idea what you're dealing with. Pay special attention to section 2:
Columnaris (Flexibacteria); Aquarium, Pond Treatment, Prevention; Fungus, Saprolegnia

My preference med for this type situation is Furan-2.

Hope this helps...(y)

neon tetra disease isn't as common as you or many others make it out to be. i don't know about the white tip on the tail but i'm pretty sure that one neon tetra has cotton mouth

Back
Top Bottom