Neon Tetras dying off one by one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All the tetras are dead now anyway, they weren't strong enough to swim against the filter. So everyone can 10-8. I'm going to stick with mollies and guppies and my 3 inch pleco.

I didn't mean that offensively. I was explaining that just because there was a common pleco in a 10 gallon doesn't mean that it is overstocked. It was also 1 in the morning.

btw what kind of filter did you have?

Anything we say here is not to be taken personally. We are looking to inform you. As I said, in the long wrong the tank would be too small. But, you do have experience and we would like for you to share that with other members here. I apologize for others if they had made you uncomfortable or offended. It's hard to take it how it was said through forums because it's just words and no facial emotion or tone of voices could be heard. What may come out as a smile with sarcasm may turn into a brutal remark.

Help with the tetras, along with krap what type of filter are you running on the 10.

I will only buy supplies and not live stock from my local Petco or Petsmart as they do not seem to be concerned about how well their informed their employees are in regard to which area they work. I bought a ten gallon tank and all the bells and whistles and way too many fish and the only thing they advised me to do was "change the water every couple of weeks". Within a week I had lost almost all my fish! I have learned so much more on this site than in either one of the above mentioned stores.

The Petco close to me told me to keep the reciept and that they guaranteed them for one week. Also, to freeze them if they died and bring them in so they could try to figure out why they died. You might want to ask them about their return policy.

Back
Top Bottom