Never seen this before

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boomer2244

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm trying to find out if anyone in the AA community know what this stuff is on my gravel or has seen it before.

Attachments

• image-1392119503.jpg
    image-1392119503.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 145
Is that just regular aquarium gravel? I got that in my dirt tank when I first set it up, but it quickly went away. How long has the tank been set up? Do you thoroughly vac the gravel?

Ts the reg old bag o gravel that I cleaned before putting it in like I've done in my last 20 tanks I've had this tank has been set up for about 3 1/2 months now. I've been doing weekly water changes to try and get rid of it, my light is only on for 4 hours and when I syphen the gravel that stuff just either gets stuck in the syphen or starts floating around the tank.

Did yours just go away or did you have to treat it with something

I think I might have had something like this before.. I think it's some sort of goo (mine was from a large apple snail) where small particles (mine was from the mulm under the gravel when I switched to sand) go into and make it look something like that. I'm assuming from the pics that it's not solid?

krap101 said:
I think I might have had something like this before.. I think it's some sort of goo (mine was from a large apple snail) where small particles (mine was from the mulm under the gravel when I switched to sand) go into and make it look something like that. I'm assuming from the pics that it's not solid?

I've seen the same, but it was growing on a bag made of pantyhose filled with rotting shrimp

Looks like a bacterial fungus to me but can't tell for sure the pic looks blurry. I have had the same type or close to it, and was told it's likely caused from uneaten food on the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom