New Betta Fish Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meclem3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have now had my twin tail half-moon male better for two days now. I have him in a 3.5 gallon tank that has a filter, heater and thermometer (water temp is always at 79° or 80°F). There is a marimo moss ball, two fake plants for him to hide in as well as a pineapple. I have tried to feed him Omega One freeze dried bloodworms, Omega One buffet pellets as well as the flakes and he will not eat any of it. He has tried to eat the pellets but either spits them out or can't get it in his mouth before it falls to the bottom. He completely ignores bloodworms which surprised me.
I am concerned because first of all he has been swimming in a very odd fashion in my opinion. He swims up and down very fast every once in a while and will also swim against the glass. Today, whenever I have approached the tank he will either come out to see me at the front of the tank for maybe 15 seconds or dart into his green leaf plant which he hides in all the time and rests in. He hides behind the filter and does everything to stay out of my sight. He also seems to flare a lot especially when he hides between the glass and pineapple.
I am attaching pictures of him in a collage in chronological order. I feel like he some sort of illness because of how he is acting.
Please help!

Attachments

• IMG_4759.jpg
    IMG_4759.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 58
Actually, how do I attach an image to this? I only see the option to enter a Link.

**nevermind!! I attached it!

PLEASE PLEASE HELP! I need to know if he's okay

So I have now had my twin tail half-moon male better for two days now. I have him in a 3.5 gallon tank that has a filter, heater and thermometer (water temp is always at 79° or 80°F). There is a marimo moss ball, two fake plants for him to hide in as well as a pineapple. I have tried to feed him Omega One freeze dried bloodworms, Omega One buffet pellets as well as the flakes and he will not eat any of it. He has tried to eat the pellets but either spits them out or can't get it in his mouth before it falls to the bottom. He completely ignores bloodworms which surprised me.
I am concerned because first of all he has been swimming in a very odd fashion in my opinion. He swims up and down very fast every once in a while and will also swim against the glass. Today, whenever I have approached the tank he will either come out to see me at the front of the tank for maybe 15 seconds or dart into his green leaf plant which he hides in all the time and rests in. He hides behind the filter and does everything to stay out of my sight. He also seems to flare a lot especially when he hides between the glass and pineapple.
I am attaching pictures of him in a collage in chronological order. I feel like he some sort of illness because of how he is acting.
Please help!

If someone could please respond I would greatly appreciate it. I am worried and need to know if he's okay

In my opinion he seem normal. Try soaking his pellets and bloodworm to soften and rehydrate in some of his aquarium water. He may just be making a mad dash to the surface for air and exploring. Keep the aquarium light off as much as possible-sometimes it can stress them out. Do you test your water quality? I hope this may put you at ease. He may have the start of fin rot.

Back
Top Bottom