New cory not adjusting well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monk3y

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,
I have a 20gallon planted tank with 4 corys and 6 platys. I wanted to add a cory figuring, the more the merrier.

Anyways, I came home today to that new cory missing. I looked around for a while until I realized he was in my java fern leaves. He's up in there and pretty much refuses to come out (I forced him out to make sure he was alive and he pretty much went back up there a few minutes later).

Any ideas on what can be done to make this guy's life a little better?

It's probably adjusting to its new environment. Give it a few days. Your levels may be very different than the tank it came from and this could be a shock.

I normally leave the tank lights out for a couple of days to let new fish adjust to their surroundings in peace, this also is a good time to fast the fish to ensure their digestive tracks are clear.

It's probably adjusting to its new environment. Give it a few days. Your levels may be very different than the tank it came from and this could be a shock.

That sounds about right. Cory's will be VERY anti social if they are uncomfortable. Soon enough he/she will come around and join the rest of the crew.

Hello,
I have a 20gallon planted tank with 4 corys and 6 platys. I wanted to add a cory figuring, the more the merrier.

Anyways, I came home today to that new cory missing. I looked around for a while until I realized he was in my java fern leaves. He's up in there and pretty much refuses to come out (I forced him out to make sure he was alive and he pretty much went back up there a few minutes later).

Any ideas on what can be done to make this guy's life a little better?

For how long do you have the cory...? Cory are great fishes, don't forget they like living in shoals (cardumen ?) , I also found this : "The banks and sides of the streams are covered with a dense growth of plants, and this is where the corys are found."

So I guess your cory is adapting to it's new home.. Be patient my friend!

Suerte...

For how long do you have the cory...? Cory are great fishes, don't forget they like living in shoals (cardumen ?) , I also found this : "The banks and sides of the streams are covered with a dense growth of plants, and this is where the corys are found."

So I guess your cory is adapting to it's new home.. Be patient my friend!

Suerte...
It's only been two days so far. It would probably help the little guy if added more plants, but I'm new to plants it so I kinda want to wait.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Wouldn t have to be plants, mine hang out under my DW & rocks where I created an inch high cave.

Back
Top Bottom