Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

new filter in medicated tank

I just finished medicating my 46g tank to treat ich. I'm now looking to cycle a new filter in this tank so I can use the filter for a QT tank. I was planning on waiting a day or two to add a bag of API bio-zorb (which I removed when I began meds) & a charcoal bag to my fluval 305 to get rid of the meds but I want to know if it's advisable to wait another 2 weeks before I put the new filter in. I began treatment this past Friday and saw the last spot Monday morning. Someone told me that the ich can remain in the "water column" and therefore get into a new filter so I should wait 2 weeks until I'm sure it has died out?

Tags
filter, new filter, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com