New fish has mouth injury! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plantedtankman

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got 7 Rummynose Tetras and one has a mouth injury. I took him/her out of the tank and I set up a "substitute"'quarantine tank using a container, an air pump, some aquarium salt, and some fish water from the tank. I added stress coat too. I would put him/her in a quarantine tank, but I don't have one right now. What else should I do? Here's a picture:

image-872447839.jpg

Yikes! Yeah good job moving it out of main tank. I'm thinking you might just keep doing what you're doing. Keep water super clean and probably not much food for a few days. Any idea what happened?

Yikes! Yeah good job moving it out of main tank. I'm thinking you might just keep doing what you're doing. Keep water super clean and probably not much food for a few days. Any idea what happened?

No. I came home and I had an injured Rummy. I looked at the fish when I was at checkout and everything looked fine. Should I add salt daily?

I would go stress coat w/ daily wc's. perhaps salt weekly if you like. I'm not sure though hopefully someone else will chime in. How long have you had him? What is your stock? How are they?

I would go stress coat w/ daily wc's. perhaps salt weekly if you like. I'm not sure though hopefully someone else will chime in. How long have you had him? What is your stock? How are they?

I just bought him today. My other 6 Rummynose Tetras are fine. Here is my stock:

5 Cory Cats
7 Bentos Tetras
The Rummynose Tetras
2 Panda Garra
1 Mexican Orange Dwarf Crayfish
2 Rams

I'm guessing you don't want to take him back. Seems like every time I get rummies they give me one dud. I don't know why that is.

I'm guessing you don't want to take him back. Seems like every time I get rummies they give me one dud. I don't know why that is.

Haha. I would take him back, but I got him two hours away from my house. So I'll see if a miracle can happen and hopefully the injury goes away.

Funny! The place I get mine is over an hour away. I usually just tell them the next time I go in. I pretty much have a permanent 20 gallon hospital tank set up.

Back
Top Bottom